Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Auction Dress

A while back I ran across a dress pattern online and fell in love.  It's an off the shoulder dress, designed for a curvy figure, and looked fabulous on the model.  I had to have it.  Where would I wear it?  The first thing that came to mind was the Auction, our school's big fundraising event.  Well, several weeks went by, I downloaded the pattern, read the instructions and balked.  This isn't something I could crank out in a few weeks, not with my limited experience.  But now I had my heart set on making a dress for the Auction.  After consulting with Mom, my sewing mentor,  I picked a new pattern: Butterick 5212.  This is The Auction Dress. 




2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am not really a sewer but I LOVE fabric so I thought I try to make a pillow and a quilt (with great fabrics!).
    So per your 6-hour skirt tip, should I buy a serger?

    All the best,
    Sophia
    Fayetteville, AR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia,

    I don't know about quilting, but I have made house accessories, and I don't think you need a serger for that. Get really comfortable with your basic sewing machine, make a few things, then you'll have a better idea of what you'd actually do with a serger.

    Take care,
    Maggi

    ReplyDelete