Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wardrobe Plan Part 1

I have a plan!  It started with a few sketches (I'm using that term loosely) and developed into a real wardrobe plan.  How exciting!


3 bottoms: McCall's 5591 pleated skirt, McCall's 6361 or McCall's 5391 bermuda shorts, Simplicity 1918 cropped pants
4 tops: Colette Sorbetto top, Simplicity 1916 or Butterick 5429 knit top, McCall's 2818 or McCall's 4603 white eyelet top, Vogue 7903 or McCall's 6076 shirt
1 dress: McCall's 2401
1 cardigan with matching shell: McCall's 4923


Here are some of the fabrics:


My two solid colors are gray and violet, each in a stretch cotton twill.  I'll make the skirt and shorts with the gray sateen and cropped pants with the violet.  The floral on the left and the eyelet will be sleeveless tops and the floral on the right will be a sheath dress.

I still need to get fabrics for the knit top, shirt, and sweater set.  I'm thinking solid violet bamboo knit for the top, and violet for the sweater set.  No idea yet for the shirt.


Lots of sewing ahead!  Wish me luck!


2 comments: