Monday, April 9, 2012

Swimsuit Cover-Up - Butterick 4684

Tunic Cover-Up B4684
I'm ready for Spring Break!  Here's my swimsuit cover-up using Butterick 4684.  It's a loose-fitting tunic with long sleeves and side vents.

This is a gauzy sheer fabric I picked up from Vogue Fabrics for a song.  I love the colorful design!  But oh my, this fabric was hard to work with.  It's super unravelly and pulls easily.  It took a lot longer to make this "simple" tunic than I had anticipated.  The sizing was very generous so I ended up taking it in a lot.  Next time I'll probably just make it a size smaller.

Here's the neckline:











It's a separate facing with fusible interfacing.  I wasn't sure how that was going to look with the sheer fabric, but it's fine. 

I used bias tape for the back:









Hopefully we'll have good weather in San Antonio so I can wear it!
Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment