Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Getting Dressed for Staying Home

There's a question I'm asked almost every time I meet someone new: "So what do you do?" 
I HATE that question!  As a stay at home mom, what don't I do?! 

A short while ago when I found myself saying, "I don't really do anything..." (What was I thinking??) I took pencil to paper and started a list, a very long list, and that put an end to that nonsense.  Of course I do stuff!

The big question now is:
What do I wear?


If I'm going to sew with a plan, I need to know what I'm planning for.  What I do should dictate what I wear, right? 

So I made a list of what I do and discovered that I dress for:
  • being home/running errands
  • school meetings/appointments
  • family outings
  • dates with friends
  • date nights
  • visiting family/attending church
  • outdoor stuff
  • working out
  • late night lounging
  • special events
Next I listed what I wear for each of those things - or would like to wear.  This was an eye-opener.  I like to get "dressed up" for almost everything besides staying home and running errands, but my closet if full of jeans and knit tops.  I have a starting point!

What about you?  Do you have a wardrobe that works for you?
 

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiration! Since I am now working from home, I have been struggling with this. I am going to make my list of what I do/what I would LIKE to wear right now!!

    By the way, completed TWO of my projects this weekend: a pillow case for daughter at college incorporating a trim I've never used before and spring/summer curtain for our bedroom, light weight enough to blow in the breeze. Purchased the fabric one year ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratuations on finishing your projects! Keep me posted with your wardrobe plans.

      Delete