Monday, January 14, 2013

Vogue 8815: The Muslin

I'm taking an online class on fitting with Craftsy and the sample pattern is Vogue 8815.  It's a peplum top that I probably wouldn't make if it weren't for the class. 
Vogue 8815, View A
 
Depending on how this all goes, I'm thinking of using this pattern for a white eyelet top I'm planning to make for the spring/summer.  I would underline the bodice with cotton batiste and perhaps leave the peplum unlined.

I made the muslin, using the methods from the class, including a full bust adjustment.  The bust adjustment added side darts.  Here's the front view:

It's not bad, but I'm having issues with the waist darts.  The armscye is too low in front, so I'll need to add on to that.  I made the usual adjustment for my sloping shoulders.

The back darts seem okay but I need to curve the back seam.  I knew I'd need to do that but I wanted to insert a zipper first to get an accurate look at the front fit.  I guess I'll take out the zipper now and curve that seam. 
I posted these photos to the class forum and asked for help with fitting the front, but I have yet to hear back.  In the meantime, I'm making a pair of flannel lounging pants for my lounging daughter. :)

2 comments:

  1. So complicated, Maggi! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly can be complicated! Making the pj pants was a breeze though so I got my instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete